07 August 2015

review: client relationship

Most of my works are made for commission, although not for strong tided-up contracts.

I have learned a lot and got special knowledge from them, on Bonsai knowledge and their business skill. Each of them have different requirement and aesthetics. The most unhappy thing tho is their paid too little and even like to cut the payment, and I have no way to resolve this problems. I have try 'cost down' and do in a quick manner to reduce the labour I input, but it just not works. 

Except the commission from Bonsai dealers, I also have some commissions from tea shop and one antique shop friend for tea wares. Same from above, upon the discussion with them, I can learn new knowledge and business skill. Sometimes feedbacks from their customers will pass to me as well, so I can know exactly what people think when use my work on a daily base.

I hope I can have more reasonable payment from them, but I need to keep up with the quantity and 'cost down', that is difficult for me.

The finance of my work: the cost for wood firing and other firing in sum would be covered from the commission. For example, if I fire 20 pieces, I will sell 10 for the commission. It just generates about the amount for the total cost of firing. The other 10 pieces are reserved for myself. This would be seen as my own 'salary'.

No comments: